The Controllable Qualities of light
2. Distribution (where you place lights)
3. Movement (how you fade in some lights as others go out)
The Purpose of Lighting:
1. Visibility: to be able to see the stage and its contents
2. Modeling: to sculpt the body with placement of instruments
3. Selective Visibility: to hi-lite spot or other wise draw the audience’s attention through the use of intensity.
4. Mood: to enhance the spirit by use of color, intensity, distribution etc.
For modeling on a budget distribute light amber completely on 1 half of the electric (front of house) and a light blue on the other half. Make acting areas (7 foot tall by 12 foot wide).
Double Hung McCandless :
For modeling with a bigger budget.
Two opposite colors on each side with a neutral color front and center
The use of cyan and magenta distributed over 3 points (color and modeling)
Red Green Blue distributed over 3 points in an attempt to color and model (tricky, can be cool).
No one formula is a one size fits all and can make for a boring LD if used to the letter or with out any inner creativity.
10 degree = 6x22
19 degree = 6x16
26 degree = 6x12
36 degree = 6x9
50 degree = 4.5x6