Acting Basics – Do’s And Don’ts
© 2015 Kerry Hishon
• Remember your lines and cues!
• Remember your entrances / exits / prop movements.
• Stay in character onstage.
• Speak loudly and clearly when on stage.
• “Cheat out” so the audience can see your face.
• Remain quiet backstage at all times.
• Hang up your costume neatly after wearing it.
• Put the play first.
• Remain respectful of the crew, fellow actors, the backstage team, and yourself.
• Always give your very best as soon as you walk into the theatre!
• Touch other actors’ props or personal items.
• Fiddle with your props / costume / hair onstage.
• Shuffle your feet onstage.
• Upstage your fellow actors, or act like a diva.
• Be a team player instead!