WHY DO WE NEED THEATRE?
1. Theatre prepares students for life in the real world by guiding continual development and refinement of interpersonal skills.
2. Theatre has the ability to affect students on a personal level by contributing to mental, emotional, and social growth.
3. Theatre helps students develop a sense of community and social responsibility.
4. Theatre gives students the opportunity to voice opinions, explore personal concerns, and produce viable solutions to problems.
5. Theatre encourages diversity and the exploration of the human experience.
6. Theatre explores various cultures and breaks down damaging stereotypes.
7. Theatre asks students to be active participants and advocates for others, aware of surroundings and their ability to mediate and effect change.
8. Theatre communicates the fact that as many ways as we humans are different, we share common bonds and can connect with everyone on some level, bringing new understanding and compassion to our lives.